Here are the most common questions that I receive when it comes to printable junk journal supplies. If you have any questions you can always contact me.
What type of printer do you recommend?
You can print your files on any color printer. Keep in mind the type of printer you have will change the look of your prints. If you use a laser printer your prints may print darker and If you use an inkjet printer you may run low on ink quicker and you may have to treat the prints if you plan to use a glaze to prevent the ink from running. This isn't always the case with all printers, but this is something to keep in mind.
One thing to keep in mind when picking your printer is to make sure it can handle printing photos. Keep in mind that the printable junk journal supplies are just like high quality photos.
I love my HP ENVY Photo printer. It prints borderless and the icing on the cake is the ink subscription. I never have to worry about running out of ink, as soon as your printer is low you will be shipped more ink.
No matter what type of printer you are using always:
- Check to see if your ink/toner cartridges are full.
- Be sure that your printer can handle the type of paper you are printing on.
- Make sure the paper you are using is 8.5x11 inches in size.
- Set your printer to print at it's highest quality.
What if I don't have a printer?If you do not have a printer, no fear! You can also pop over to OfficeMax or Office Depot and they will print your files for a small fee. Make sure to tell the person who is printing the collage sheets that you would like them to print the file at 100%, not "shrink to fit or "fit to page"
What type of paper?
The type of paper that you need all depends on the type of project that you will be making with the printed junk journal supplies.
- If you plan on making jewelry or charms with the printables, such as wood pendants or placing the image in a bezel. I suggest that you use 24lb to 32lb paper with a whiteness rating of at least 98.
- If you plan on using the printables for something like mixed media art or junk journal embellishments I would suggest using card stock paper about 65lb or heavier.
The most common issues that arises when printing printable junk journal supplies are that they print too small or too large. These issues can be fixed easily by following these 2 simple steps.
- Download your printable directly to your computer. Do not print from your web browser.
- When you you print your printable from your computer make sure that the "page scaling" setting is set to "100%" . Do not select "Fit to Print", when "fit to print" is selected your printable will print smaller.